Job Title: Birkie Enterprises Retail Manager (BRM)
Organization Summary: Birkie Enterprises (BE) is a retail sales partner of the American Birkebeiner Ski Foundation (ABSF)
Location of Position: Hayward, WI
Attributes Required: This position is responsible for all facets of the Birkie Enterprises retail operation. BRM must be self-motivated, outgoing, organized and structured. A passion for sales, sport and a strong team player is critical.
- Manage and run day to day functions of a retail store
- To serve as the initial point of contact for all patrons entering BE/ABSF
- Oversight and manage BE at ABSF expo’s/events
- Manage BE website
- Manage all BE marketing and promotions
- Manage selling of “in store” winter trail passes for Birkie Trail
- Identify current and future customer requirements by establishing rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements
- Manage merchandise buying and inventory
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions; create daily, weekly, monthly financial reports & procedures
- Work closely with ABSF staff
- Develop and/or assist creation and production of ads, posters, and related promotional collateral, for use in print and online
This job description outlines the primary roles and responsibilities include but not limited to the position. Other duties may be assigned.
Skills: The following skills are required for the position
- Strong, proven retail background
- Background performing communications and marketing or other areas with strong emphasis on audience and message delivery
- Background in managing inventory
- Self-sufficient, with ability to develop long-term strategies and manage projects to completion
- Business computer skills (Word, Excel, email, Web, etc.) with at least basic understanding of Web and graphic management applications (Basic HTML, WordPress, Photoshop, etc.)
- Background in use of Web as communications tool including understanding of social networking (Twitter, Facebook, etc.), media distribution (YouTube, etc.) and blogging
- Positive, upbeat presence with others, including both co-workers and outside contacts
Compensation: Position will be salaried with bonuses based on sales growth. Retirement benefits available.
Responsible to: The position reports to the Board of Directors of Birkie Enterprises.
To Apply: Interested candidates should direct cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Birkie, P.O. Box 911, Hayward, WI 54843 by August 21st, 2015.