Love working outside? Want to live in Northern Wisconsin and work on the greatest trail system in the world?!?!? If so, keep reading!
Job Title: Assistant Trail Manager (full time, year-round)
Organization Summary: The American Birkebeiner Ski Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit with a mission to promote and conduct the finest international cross-country ski competition and healthy, active lifestyle events; to serve as good stewards of the American Birkebeiner Trail; and to support healthy and active lifestyles among people of all ages and abilities.
Attributes: The Assistant Birkie Trail Manager is responsible to and directly supervised by the ABSF Trail Manager. The position is full time and the Assistant Trail Manager will be responsible for supporting the year around maintenance and grooming of the Birkie Trail system by ABSF trail staff and volunteers. Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the duties as noted below.
Assistant Trail Manager Duties:
- Support the ABSF building maintenance work plan
- Support and assist with coordination of the trail staff in carrying out year-round work plans
- Identify suitable volunteer trail projects and assist in facilitating proposed volunteer work days
- Support and conduct non-winter trail maintenance work
- Assist in creating weekly trail reports to be posted on the ABSF website
- Carry out assigned work within established timeframes
- Assist in grooming of the entire Birkie Trail system throughout the grooming season
- Assist in completing all activities included in the building maintenance plan
- Ensure cleanliness of all ABSF trail facilities on a weekly basis
- Responsibilities include routine maintenance and repair of ABSF facilities
- Assist with trail maintenance and grooming activities to assure the best possible conditions for all trail events
- Maintain all ABSF trail equipment to ensure it is in proper working order
- Assist to make certain all equipment is stored properly at the end of each season
- Work closely with Operations Team and all other ABSF employees and volunteers
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Job Skills: The following skills are necessary for the position, along with a strong, proven, work background in all areas.
- Interest and ability in a wide variety of outdoor tasks necessary
- Understanding of snow-grooming preferred but not required.
- Ability to operate equipment like skid steer, tractor, snowmobiles, ATV’s and other implements
- Attention to detail is a must
- Carpentry skills preferred as this position involves basic building maintenance and repairs
- Must have the ability to work outside year-round
- Perform basic equipment oversight and maintenance
- Accommodate flexible work hours and assignments surrounding events / event support
- Maintain a positive, upbeat demeanor with others, including co-workers and outside contacts
Compensation: Position will be salaried (commensurate with experience) and includes health insurance reimbursement, retirement benefits, and paid vacation/holiday days.
Reporting: The position reports directly to the Trail Manager, but will have strong interaction with other team members.
This job description outlines the primary roles and responsibilities of the position. Other duties may be assigned.
Interested candidates should direct a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail to:
Ben Popp, Executive Director
P.O. Box 911
Hayward, WI 54843
PDF of posting: Posting_6_15_16
Complete applications are due by July 15, 2016.