- 2017 Official Birkie Poster Design Contest
2017 Official Birkie Poster of the American Birkebeiner Announced!
Congratulations goes to Paco Van Sistine, of Denver, CO, for his winning submission into the 2017 Poster Design contest. Paco says, “I grew up watching the Birkie as a child when we were visiting our cabin up north, near Clam Lake (WI) in the 1980’s. I will never forget those frozen beards.” We’re glad to know the Birkie has left a lasting impression on spectators who’ve become participants, “The poster represents the view from the skier’s perspective, (that) it can be lonely and beautiful out there.”
The official poster of the 2017 Slumberland American Birkebeiner will be available later in the year either through the shop in the Birkie Office or on-line through the Birkie Store. The 2017 Birkie Poster design will also grace the cover of the Pre-Race issue of the Birch Scroll, the Race Guide and the official ski stickers as part of the American Birkebeiner February 2017.
About the Poster Design Contest
One of the many great aspects of the Official Birkie poster is that it becomes an image that is utilized and recognized by all who know and participate in the Birkie-week events in February. Not only is the design printed into a full-size poster, it is also printed into a much smaller version for area business and Chamber of Commerce members through-out Hayward & Cable, WI. The design is also used as the cover of the Pre-Race issue of the Birch Scroll, the official publication of the American Birkebeiner Ski Foundation; the annual Race-Guide as well as the official ski stickers given to every participant of the American Birkebeiner.
Now it’s time to get those creative juices flowing and tap into your inner graphic designer. You are welcome to submit as many designs as you like, just be sure that each submission has its own separate, signed and dated waiver attached.
Please read the following rules carefully. All contest contestants must also sign and return the 2017 American Birkebeiner Poster Design Contest Rules & Information Waiver (see PDF link above) with their Poster design to the American Birkebeiner Ski Foundation.
– Rules & Waiver –
All contest participants must sign and return the last page of this form with
your Poster design submission to the American Birkebeiner Ski Foundation.
Submit as Many Designs as You Like!
- The top three poster designs will be picked by a panel of judges assigned by the American Birkebeiner Ski Foundation (ABSF). These top designs will then be voted on by the ABSF Staff. The ultimate winner will be determined through this voting process.
- Once submitted designs become the property of the ABSF, and the designer agrees to grant exclusive use to the ABSF and its clothing retailers for use on the official poster and for any other promotional use regardless of whether or not the design is chosen as winner of the contest. Prizes will be awarded to the official winner only.
- The designer must submit his or her own original artwork only. Any non-original logos, photos, or images used in the design must be used only with the express, written permission of the source and also grant the American Birkebeiner unlimited, free use of that logo, photo, or image.
- The designer agrees that the compensation for unlimited use of their poster design, both now and in the future, by the ABSF and their clothing retailer is limited to the following prize package:
- Two complimentary race registrations for the Birkie, Kortelopet or Prince Haakon hosted in 2017 or 2018
- VIP Parking pass for one vehicle to the 2017 or 2018 American Birkebeiner Race Start
- Recognition of the designer by the ABSF as the cover of the 2017 Pre-Race issue of the Birkie’s “Birch Scroll” magazine, as the Official Ski Sticker of the 2017 Birkie events, in the Birkie “Carpe Skiem” ezine, on Facebook or other social media outlets, etc.
Poster Design Criteria:
- All designs must include “2017” and one or more of the following words/phrases: “Birkie,” “Birkebeiner,” or “American Birkebeiner.” Designs may also include “Established in 1973.” Designs must also include the “Slumberland logo or the “Slumberland-Birkie” logo (below).
Slumberland is the overall Title Sponsor of the American Birkebeiner Ski Events.
- Designs must be limited to a maximum of six colors. Half-tones (i.e. lighter versions) of any of the six colors are acceptable and are not considered an additional color.
- Designs must be accompanied by the signed waiver on the last page of the entry.
Poster Design Format:
- SUBMISSION FORMAT:
- Please email your design as a JPG file for purposes of initial judging and for posting the top designs on Birkie.com for online voting.
- WINNING FORMAT:
- If your design wins, please be prepared to send your design to the ABSF in Vector format (.EPS, .AI, or .CDR file extensions). This means that the design must be created in either PhotoShop (.EPS), Adobe Illustrator (.AL), or Corel Draw (.CDR). The ABSF will NOT accept Word or Publisher files.
- Winner must also submit a grayscale (black-and-white) version of their design, to provide flexibility in choosing the T-shirt background color.
- Poster designs must be sized for 20″ x 30″ & 11″ x 17″ printing.
- Poster designs must be submitted by July 1, 2016 to the ABSF via email to email@example.com. Please use “2017 Poster Contest Design Submission” as your subject line
- The ABSF reserves the right to request minor revisions to a Poster design entry for re-submission.
- The ABSF may also make revisions to adapt a Poster design for additional purposes, including but not limited to use on other clothing, retail items, web, print, or television production.
- The ABSF reserves the right to reject any and all submissions.
- The ABSF may pick additional Poster designs for use on additional promotional materials (i.e. clothing, retail items, web, or print pieces).
For More Information email firstname.lastname@example.org or, call 715-634-5025 ex: #2
Previous Poster Designs:
2016 Birkie Poster
2015 Birkie Poster