Online Voting Took Place July 15-19
Contest voting is now closed, but you can see the five finalists--and the winner, #3--below. Congratulations to Janice Hamilton!
* Click on each image below to see an ENLARGED version.
THE WINNING DESIGNER GETS:
. Fischer Skis
. Free Birkie Entry
. Parking at Race Start!
Entries were submitted to the American Birkebeiner Ski Foundation's annual Birkie T-Shirt Design Contest on June 10. The winning design will be featured as the official T-shirt of the 2014 American Birkebeiner to be held February 20-23, 2014, the 41st annual event.
YOU Vote for the Winner
The top five designs are determined by the American Birkebeiner Ski Foundation. Then, you help determine the ultimate winner by casting your vote for your favorite design. See above. Voting takes place July 15-19. Last year more than 7,000 votes were cast!
Or, call 715-634-5025
(Here are the rules we posted this year. Please consider participating next year!)
Please read the following rules carefully. All contest contestants must also sign and return the 2014 American Birkebeiner T-Shirt Design Contest Rules & Information Waiver (see PDF link above) with or prior to submitting their t-shirt design to the American Birkebeiner Ski Foundation.
Submit as Many Designs as You Like!
1. The top three T-shirt designs will be picked by a panel of judges assigned by the American Birkebeiner Ski Foundation (ABSF). These top three designs will then be posted on www.Birkie.com for online voting by the skiing community and the public. The ultimate winner will be determined through this online voting process.
2. The winning T-shirt design will become the property of the ABSF, and the designer agrees to grant exclusive use to the ABSF and its clothing retailer.
3. The designer must submit his or her own original artwork only. Any logos, photos, or images used in the design must be used only with the express, written permission of the source and also grant the American Birkebeiner unlimited, free use of that logo, photo, or image.
4. The designer agrees that the compensation for unlimited use of the T-shirt design by the ABSF and their clothing
retailer is limited to the following prize package:
• One complimentary race registration for the 2014 or 2015 American Birkebeiner, Kortelopet, or
Prince Haakon event
• One VIP Parking pass to the 2014 or 2015 Race Start
• One pair of Fischer Carbonlite skate or classic skis
• Choice of bindings and installation provided by New Moon Ski & Bike Shop in Hayward, Wisconsin
• Recognition of the designer by the ABSF in the Birkie's Carpe Skiem! ezine, on
Facebook, in the 2014 Pre-race issue of the Birch Scroll magazine, on the American
Birkebeiner’s website at www.birkie.com, and in any other news and media outlets that
cover the contest and contest winner.
5. T-Shirt Design Format:
• All designs must include the words, “2014 Birkie” or “Birkie 2014.” American Birkebeiner" may be used
instead of "Birkie."
• Designs may also include "Established in 1973."
• Designs must be limited to a maximum of six colors. Half-tones (i.e. lighter versions) of
any of the six colors are acceptable and are not considered an additional color.
• Contestants must also submit a black-and-white version of their design, to provide
flexibility in choosing the T-Shirt background color.
• Designs must be accompanied by the signed Waiver on the last page of this document.
** Please remember to send a JPG file for each design you submit.
This is for ease of use in determining the top three designs and for use
in posting those top three designs on Birkie.com for online judging.
6. T-shirt designs must be submitted by Monday, June 10, to the ABSF by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Artwork may also be mailed to ABSF, P.O. Box 911 or shipped to ABSF, 10527 Main St., Hayward, WI, 54843.
7. The ABSF reserves the right to request minor revisions to a T-shirt design entry for re-submission.
8. The ABSF may also make revisions to adapt a T-shirt design for additional purposes, including but not limited to use on other clothing, retail items, web, print, or television production.
9. The ABSF reserves the right to reject any and all submissions.
10. The ABSF may pick additional T-shirt designs for use on additional promotional materials (i.e. clothing, retail items, web, or print pieces).
Download and sign the Rule & Waiver PDF form, above.
Thanks for Participating and Good Luck!