Greetings Birkie Friends –
We’re just 4 days out from a fun night of talking Birkie at the Bike Doc in Dousman. Join us on Thursday evening, January 8, for fun, food, music, FREE BEER, wine, and lots of special goodies. Plus, everyone who attends will receive a commemorative beer or wine glass. This is a personal note from me to you – I’d really love to meet all the Milwaukee area Birkie skiers and hear your stories. Hope to see you there!
Register TODAY at www.birkie.com/future
Here are 12 reasons why YOU should come:
- SNOW has arrived – you will have a serious case of BIRKIE FEVER by the end of this party!
- Win a sweet package of Fischer Carbonlite ski boots AND a VIP parking pass to park at the start of the 2015 Birkie! You must PRE-REGISTER by Tuesday 1/6 to be eligible for this special drawing! Register today at www.birkie.com/future
- All proceeds will help develop a PERMANENT START AREA and year-round trailhead at Telemark, the birthplace of the American Birkebeiner! ABSF is a 501(c)(3) organization – your donation is tax-deductible.
- Several amazing LIVE AUCTION items such as
- A LIFETIME VIP Parking Pass that will let you park at the start line of the Birkie for the rest of your life!
- Rossignol Xium Skis fit to YOU! Skate or Classic
- A LIFETIME of Birkie Events – Never pay a registration fee again – for ANY Birkie event year-round!
- The WINNING Wax Package! Start Ski Wax has provided the wax combo that has been used on the winning skis for the past couple of Birkies! You never know, you might be up on that podium yet!
- Learn about the new SKIER BRIDGE you’ll ski on THIS YEAR over Highway 63 just before you hit the finish line! Oh, and we have built in a special feature that will help you up & over this very last hill – join us at the Bike Dr. to get in on the secret!
- Several cool RAFFLE PRIZES including
- A Birkie windbreaker
- Bike Doc gift certificates
- Birkie Trail Season Ski Pass
- 2016 Birkie Package – including entry to the race of your choice and a VIP parking pass
- Ever wondered where your RACE ENTRY MONEY is spent and how much it really costs to put on a world-class event like the American Birkebeiner? You can find out if you come party with us!
- LIVE MUSIC! Yep, Doc & Kris will play some of the famed Birkie Fever songs just for you!
- FREE BEER from Delafield Brewhaus! And wine too! And really great food from the Petite Chefs located right next door to the Bike Dr. Oh, and did I mention there will be FREE BEER? Plus you get a very cool commemorative beer or wine glass to take home with you. These babies will be worth a lot of money in 50 years! Oh, and did I mention there will be FREE BEER?
- SALE & WAX TIPS for SISU! The Doc will be having a very special Birkie SALE – just for those who attend this event! And Ben Lund from Toko will be on-hand with wax tips to help you get ready to race fast at the Sisu Ski Fest on Saturday!
- FRIENDS, FUN & FABLES! Our goal is to get 100 people to attend – come share your Birkie stories, make some new Birkie friends, and have a whole lot of fun! I promise you’ll have a smile on your face from start to finish!
- Last, but certainly not least, and really the very most important reason: Attending this event will let you show your support for the race and the organization that DRIVES YOUR ACTIVE LIFESTYLE. We need your help to secure the future of the race and the future of the trail – for you, your kids, your grandkids, and all the generations to come. So please, register now at www.birkie.com/future!
Register TODAY at www.birkie.com/future
This event is limited to 100 people – we still have lots of room, so get your whole group of friends together, carpool, skip out of work early, ride your bike, ski, take your helicopter, whatever it takes – just make sure to be there! Walk-ins will be welcome, but prior registration will get you entered to win the Fischer boots and VIP parking pass, and help us get the best count to plan for food, FREE BEER, and wine. Would love to pack the house and maybe even over-sell! Register now at www.birkie.com/future. You can also call the office to register over the phone – 715-634-5025.
We have put together a 5-year strategic plan, and part of this is a $2.3 million 3-phase improvement plan that will “Honor the Legacy and Ensure the Future” of the Birkie races, the Birkie Trail System, and the American Birkebeiner Ski Foundation. Race fees and the like simply will not cover plans for growth or improvements – they barely cover the cost of the events and maintenance of the trail.
We are now focused on the $650,000 Phase 1 which consists of establishing a long-overdue permanent start area and year-round trail head up at Telemark, as well as building the skier bridge over Hwy 63 to create smoother & safer traffic flow around Hayward during Birkie events. We’ve raised almost $325,000 so far – that’s half way, with a lot more work to do in order to meet our goal of $650,000 by February 21st Birkie time. Let’s band together and make sure these projects happen!
The Birkie is no longer just a race that happens one day a year – it has evolved into a community, a year-round lifestyle, an ideology of healthy living – and the lifeblood, the thread that holds it together is the race itself. Success with our first ever capital fundraising campaign will ensure our future and make the race even better. It will take the entire Birkie Community to make this happen and to make sure the Birkie is around forever.
What could be a better way to spend a Thursday evening than having happy hour Birkie-style! Visit www.birkie.com/futureto get tickets or for more information. Let’s spread Birkie Fever together – and get psyched for an awesome winter!
Finally I’ll leave you with an impactful quote:
“Good ideas are common – what’s uncommon are people who’ll work hard enough TOGETHER to bring them about.” – Ashleigh Brilliant
Hope to see you there – Think Snow!
Oh, and did I mention there will be FREE BEER?
American Birkebeiner® Ski Foundation
Posted January 4, 2015 at 7:24 pm