Birkie – Stronger Together
Living Your Birkie Lifestyle During Social Distancing
The Birkie team has compiled a list of activities, inspirational articles, family exercise fun, and tips to stay focused and positive during this unusual time. The information found below is helping us and we hope it inspires you too! Keep checking back as this list will be updated frequently! #BirkieStrongerTogether
Workouts You Can Do From Home
Activities & Opportunities to Keep Moving!
- YMCA – On-demand workouts from yoga & barre, to Bootcamp and Tai Chi
- Snap Fitness – 90 Day free trail to online library of workout videos
- SUUNTO – 4 indoor workout tips for endurance athletes – make the most of your indoor time!
- OBE Fitness – 30-day free live and on-demand workouts
- Upbeat & Inspiring Free Virtual Fitness Classes – From butts and guts to stretch and yoga
- Walking at home – Low impact, walk at home workouts. No treadmill needed!
- Fitness that fits your life at home – free video workouts with Jessica Smith
- Muuv with Emily – 8-week strength program from Nuun.
- Want to Workout with Johannes Høsflot Klæbo?
- All Down Dog Apps are Free Until April 1 – yoga, yoga for beginners, HIIT, Barre and 7 minute workout
- Free No-equipment Barre Workouts
- Over 350 At-Home Full Length Workouts
- Small Space Workout Ideas
- Fun & Upbeat Workouts – From Strength Training & Yoga to Kickboxing & Pilates
- Quiet Your Mind & Stretch Out Your Stress Yoga
- Free Peloton classes – From Spin Biking to Running, Stretching, Yoga, Bodyweight Cardio & Strength Training
Inspiring, Interesting & Informative
Tips and Resources to Help You to Stay Upbeat & Healthy
- Tips for Staying Sane
- Encouragement from a 13-year-old Ski Racer
- Coronavirus: Mental Health Coping Strategies
- Looking for Current News and Recommendations? Many national news sources like The Washington Post, The New York Times and The Wall Street Journal, to name a few, are providing coronavirus updates free of charge. Check your local newspapers for local information as well.
- A Message In The Time Of Coronavirus: You Are Amazing
- Keep the Skiing Fever Alive – Cross Country Skier Podcast
- Tips for Running Outside Now
- Social Distancing For Kids
- Need Time in the Great Outdoors? Many parks are open and have waived admission fees. Check with the National Park Service and your State’s Park Department for park availability and guidelines.
- Self-Quarantine Survival Guide
Family & Kid Friendly Exercises & Activities
Keep Your Family Busy, Focused & Moving!
- Get outside even when you’re inside! Watch these free nature documentaries!
- 24 Unbelievable Things You can Do with Broken Crayons! Running low on craft supplies, try these fun projects!
- Do your kids love Captain Underpants and Dogman? Then, check out Dave Pilkey at Home for even more laughs!
- Fitness Blender – 25 Minute, fun workouts for families safe at home (kids love these workouts!)
- YMCA 360 – A selection of on-demand workout videos for everyone in the family!
- Schools are Closed. Minds are Wide Open! – Wide Open School! New collaboration with nearly all major resources to help families keep kids focused at home!
- Scholastic Learn at Home – Day by day projects to keep kids reading, thinking & growing. Pre-K thru Grade 9
- Find Your Fun with Bluprint! Fuel creativity at home with free family-friendly classes, projects & more!
- PBS At Home Learning
- Free Stories for Kids of All Ages from Audible
- Take Your Kids on Virtual Field Trips
- Turn Math into Fun Card Games
- Keep Kids Moving Even If They Can’t Get Outside
- Debbie Doo Kids TV: Music, Movement & Learning
- Brain Breaks: Cosmic Kids Adventure Yoga
- Dance Videos for Kids of All Ages
- PopSugar Family Cardio Workout
Mind, Body, & Spirit
Tips to Navigate Daily Life During Unusual Times – Home, Work, Relationships
- Cooks of Crocus Hill – Take these FREE cooking mini-classes to keep thing’s cookin’ in your home!
- Five Strategies for Happiness Today – Yale’s happiness expert shares tips on how to stay positive when it feels impossible.
- Birkie Skier, Ben Marks of Marks Group Wealth Management, shares how he manages mental & physical stamina during these stressful times.
- Free Movie Mondays! Focus Features kicks off Movie Mondays with free Facebook livestream showings of classic movies
- Music For the Soul – Watch this and learn where you can hear more.
- How to Host a Zoom Game Night – Stay connected to family and friends
- Up your cooking game with free Bluprint online cooking classes (through April 16)
- Quiet Your Mind with Calm
- There is a Serious Blood Shortage in the US. If you are able, consider donating to a local blood drive.
- Can’t Escape into Nature? Escape with this Nature Sounds Spotify Playlist
- Great Reads at Your Fingertips – 2 months Free Kindle Unlimited
- Helping Others & Virtual Volunteering
- Guided Meditation to Calm Anxiety
- Tips for Being a Good Friend During Social Distancing – podcast
- Easy Recipe Ideas Using Pantry Staples