The Birkie Challenge Series
One challenge each month through September! We’ve all heard it said that skiers are made in the summertime. Get moving now, start building your endurance now, and set your sights on your February 2021 race! As a community, whether working out together or apart, we are #BirkieStrongerTogether!
Be entered to win great gear and other prizes from Birkie Sponsors like Swix, Salomon, Rossignol, Madshus, Sidas, Alpina, Suunto, Madshus, Telemark Vacation Condos, lodging from Marks Group Wealth Management, Start, Bliz, and more! Plus, Slumberland is providing an overall Major Grand Prize to be drawn at random from all Birkie Summer Challenge Series participants.
See prize list below
Birkie Challenges - #1 #2 #3 #4 #5
May – Coming to a Close!
Birkie Challenge #1 – Go the Birkie Distance (winners announced on June 4)
Time to begin wrapping it up!
- Before June 3, 2020, send your mileage results, along with at least one photo to email@example.com and you’ll be entered for a chance to win some sweet prizes (see below)!
- There’ll be one prize drawing for each challenge distance: Birkie/30 – Garmisch Condo Weekend, Korte/20 – Telemark Vacation Condo Week, and Prince Haakon/10 – Suunto 5 watch!
Birkie Challenge #2 – Climb the Birkie
Hit the hills while you’re out there and get your legs ready for the Birkie!
- The Birkie skate trail has approximately 1400 meters of elevation gain. During June, keep track of your elevation gain data while you run, bike, roller-ski or hike.
- June is a great time to continue building a long, slow distance base. Adding hills to the equation increases your leg strength and endurance- which you’ll need when you climb Sunset Hill after the Fish Hatchery aid station!
- The person with the most “Birkies climbed” in June wins the grand prize – a Suunto 9 Baro watch (see below)!
- Submit total elevation climbed to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 2, 2020. Total birkies climbed winner, along with random prize drawings, will be announced on July 6.
- Every participant will receive this sweet Birkie ball cap!
- Must submit data to be entered into random drawings.
- Participants with top elevation gains will be asked to verify their data and share data collection technology or method.
- We’d love to see your challenge in action! Send us your photos – tag us on Facebook and Instagram! Use the hashtag #BirkieChallenge
- Every Birkie Challenge Series participant will receive one entry, per challenge, into the overall grand prize at the end of the summer!
Birkie Challenge Series Calendar
Watch for a NEW Birkie Challenge each month from now through August. Complete them all for your best Birkie in 2021!
Challenge #1 – Go the Birkie Distance (May – Completed)
Challenge #2 – Climb the Birkie! (June – Join in, registration is open!)
Challenge #3 – Feel the Birkie Speed! (July)
Challenge #4 – The Birkie – All In! (August)
Challenge #5 – Birkie’s RollerSki Challenge (September)
Win Gear: Grand Prizes from Birkie Sponsors
Each challenge in the Birkie’s Summer Challenge Series will provide participants with an opportunity to win prizes, and the prizes are amazing! All you need to do is register, complete your challenge, and you’ll have a chance to win great prizes from our amazing Birkie sponsors for that particular challenge. At the end of the summer we’ll draw grand prizes winners, at random, one entry per participant from all completed Challenges.
Birkie Challenge #1
Birkie Challenge #2
Birkie Challenge #3
Birkie Challenge #4
#5 Rollerski Challenge
Challenge Series Gift Packs: Gas Cards from Enbridge
- Good for gas at Kwik Trip
- $20 value each
- 20 cards for Challenge Series (prize distribution to be announced)
Overall Grand Prize* – Birkie Summer Challenge Series
*Everyone registered for any of the summer challenge series gets 1 entry, per challenge, to win the Overall Grand Prizes.