Birkie Event Updates
We understand that many of you have questions related to upcoming Birkie events. We’ve created this page as a one-stop-repository for all of the updates on your Birkie events. While we may not have all of the answers now, we promise to keep you updated as soon as answers are known. We are working very closely with local, regional and state public health officials as we develop all of our event plans. As always, our number one goal is the safety of our participants, volunteers, staff, and the greater community. We look forward to providing you with experiences that inspire you to live a healthy, active Birkie lifestyle. We hope to see you in the north woods soon!
Important Dates to Note!
- January 18, 2021 – Birkie 2021 Event Update Virtual Meeting and Q&A
- January 19, 2021 – Slumberland American Birkebeiner, Kortelopet & Prince Haakon Virtual Race Registration Closes
- January 19, 2021 – Race and Technique Change Deadline – Click Here to Make Changes
- January 22, 2021 – Last Day to Switch from In-Person to Virtual & Receive Your Bib, Hat, Pin & Ski Ties by Race Week
- January 31, 2021 – Birkie Tour – Test Drive Your Event Course & New Hydration Stations in Advance of February Events
Race Day Selection & Virtual Option
Race Day Selection Updates
If you are registered for the Birkie, Korte, or Prince Haakon and have not yet selected your race day, please check your inbox for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org (American Birkebeiner Registration) with the subject: Race Day Selection. Please note, you will only be able to choose from days with available space based on your registered technique and qualifying wave. Read the Race Day Selection section in the FAQ document, below, for specific details.
Race Day Selection Graphs are Not in Real Time. Waves Status Will Change.
Click the images above to view larger versions
Virtual Race Selection
Birkie Week Schedule of Events
Hear the latest from Ben Popp, special guests, experts, and staff as they discuss the latest Birkie event news. From new safety protocols to what you can expect at upcoming Birkie events, we’ll be covering it all.
Birkie Update and Q&A – 12/14/2020
Frequently Asked Questions - FAQs & Maps
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We’re gathering your most frequently asked questions in one convenient place. If you don’t find the answer to your event related question in the FAQ’s below, please submit your question to us. We’ll do our best to answer all inquiries as soon as we know the answers. And, if we don’t have an answer yet, we’ll let you know that too.
Most Frequently Asked Questions– Updated 12/16/20
Race Day Selection FAQs – Updated 12/16/20
Virtual Race FAQs – Updated 12/16/20
Registration, Timing & Waves FAQs– Updated 12/16/20
Safety Protocols FAQ – Updated 12/16/20
Race Day and Transportation FAQs – Updated 12/16/20
Race Day Arrival & Departure Map – Updated 12/17/20
Race Day Start/Finish Layout Map – 12/17/20
Misc FAQs – Updated 12/16/20
We’re continually gathering resources for your reference and convenience during these dynamic times. The Birkie Trail is located in two counties – Bayfield (north) and Sawyer (south), with that in mind, we’ll be providing resources that represent the entire Trail. Please let us know if you have any questions!
- Choose to have your bib packet and/or Birkie gear bag shipped to you – Click Here
- Switch to the Virtual Slumberland American Birkebeiner, Kortelopet or Prince Haakon – Click Here
- 2021 Birkie, Korte, Prince Haakon Course Map
- Sawyer County Public Health – The latest news and updates.
- Bayfield County Public Health – The latest news and updates.