Sunday, December 27, 2020
Held at the American Birkebeiner Trailhead in Cable, the 2020 Hayward Dash is an event for MS/HS/College skiers. The 2020 race will be a classic sprint.
The American Birkebeiner Trailhead has a great loop of man-made snow! The race will go on no matter what the natural snow situation is like. Course updates will be made depending on the forecast.
Bonus Event! Don’t miss the Spooner Holiday Dash on Saturday, December 26 – register for both and save some $$.
- High School/Middle School/College Racers: $12 for one event (Spooner or Hayward) or $20 for both events. Registration closes at 7:00 pm on Saturday, December 26, 2020. There is no race day registration!
Registration Is Now Closed!
INDIVIDUAL Registration for Spooner and/or Hayward Dash: 2020 Registration Is Now Closed!
TEAM Registration for Spooner and/or Hayward Dash: 2020 Registration Is Now Closed!
A coach or team representative may register an entire team together. Submit race rosters (first name, last name, gender, age, grade, team/club name) to firstname.lastname@example.org . Each participant of that team must have a parent or legal guardian fill out an on-line waiver to be eligible to compete.
Race Day Schedule
- 10:00 am 1.1k HS/College, 0.75k MS: Sprint Qualifier
- Format is “Queen’s Court”. All skiers will continue to ski in 3 consecutive rounds based on the qualifying time. Rounds will begin after qualifying.
All races will take place on the snow-making loops.
9:00 am Bib pick-up opens. Bib pick-up is at the race start area in the Great Hall. There is no race day registration.
Awards for Races:
- 1st Place High School Girls and Boys Team
- 1st-3rd Place High School Girls and Boys Individual
- 1st Place Middle School Boys and Girls Team
- 1st-3rd Place Middle School Boys and Girls Individual
- 1st Place College Club Team, Men’s and Women’s
- 1st-3rd Place College Club Women and Men Individual
We could not host events without the helping hands of volunteers. If you are interested in being a volunteer for the Hayward Dash, click HERE to register for available shifts.
How to get to the American Birkebeiner Trailhead
Venue Layout and Amenities
Support the Hayward High School Nordic Team by purchasing soup or a snack from them in the Great Hall!