- Biking Events
- Ladies Fat Bike Getaway
Registration Is Full!
See below for waitlist information.
This weekend adventure Presented by Salsa Cycles will have you experiencing the great outdoors, riding the legendary Birkie Trail, polishing your fat biking skills, and meeting other women who aspire to or love to ride. The Ladies Fat Bike Getaway Presented by Salsa is an adventure that is close to home and filled with fun. Gift yourself this exciting getaway with friends!
Friday, December 13, 2019 (Tentative Schedule)
Location – Samuel C. Johnson Family Outdoor Center, OO Trailhead, Seeley, WI
- 5:00 pm- Welcome gathering at Samuel C. Johnson Family Outdoor Center
- 5:15 pm- Yoga at the Samuel C. Johnson Family Outdoor Center, bring a mat and loosen muscles in preparation for riding on Saturday!
- 6:30 pm- Gather with fellow participants for a catered dinner at the Outdoor Center
- 7:00 pm- Workshop
- What to Wear?
- Get the scoop on how to dress for fat bike riding and see the latest gear from top vendors
- Are You Ready to Ride?
- We’ll cover the basics of air pressure, tires, and how to prep your bike for Saturday’s ride
- 8:30 pm – Close for the day
Saturday, December 14, 2019 (Tentative Schedule)
Location – Great Hall, American Birkebeiner Trailhead, Cable, WI
- 9:00 am- Rise & Shine – Coffee and scones at the Great Hall
- 9:30 am- Workshop
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Fat Biking but Were Afraid to Ask
- Skills & Drills
- Technique work to enable you to ride through, over, and on any snow-covered trail
- 12:00 pm- Lunch with Friends – Catered lunch at the Great Hall
- 1:00 pm- Ride the Birkie Trail
- We’ll take a ride on and off snow on the legendary Birkie Trail
- Conditions permitting, we’ll ride parts of the 10K Fun Fat Tour that is part of the 2020 Fat Bike Birkie
- 3:00 pm- Wrap it up!
- Last minute questions and workshop wrap up
Registration Is Full!
Click here to request to be added to the waitlist. All ladies on the waitlist will be notified by December 1, 2019 if a spot opens up.
2019 Event Fee Includes:
- Friday dinner, Saturday coffee & scones, Saturday lunch
- Awesome swag
- Coaching, workshops, and guided rides on an amazing trail in the north woods