Ladies Fat Bike Getaway
December 3 and 4, 2021 - Near Hayward, Wisconsin
This weekend adventure will have you experiencing the great outdoors, riding the legendary Birkie Trail, polishing your fat biking skills, and meeting other women who aspire to or love to ride. The Ladies Fat Bike Getaway is an adventure that is close to home and filled with fun. Gift yourself this exciting getaway with friends!
Friday – (Planned Schedule)
Location – Samuel C. Johnson Family Outdoor Center, OO Trailhead, Seeley, WI
- 5:00 pm- Welcome gathering at Samuel C. Johnson Family Outdoor Center
- 5:15 pm- Yoga at the Samuel C. Johnson Family Outdoor Center, bring a mat and loosen muscles in preparation for riding on Saturday!
- 6:30 pm- Gather with fellow participants for a catered dinner at the Outdoor Center
- 7:00 pm- Workshop
- What to Wear?
- Get the scoop on how to dress for fat bike riding and see the latest gear from top vendors
- Are You Ready to Ride?
- We’ll cover the basics of air pressure, tires, and how to prep your bike for Saturday’s ride
- What to Wear?
- 8:30 pm – Close for the day
Saturday – (Planned Schedule)
Location – Great Hall, American Birkebeiner Trailhead, Cable, WI
- 9:00 am- Rise & Shine – Coffee and scones at the Great Hall
- 9:30 am- Workshop
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Fat Biking but Were Afraid to Ask
- Skills & Drills
- Technique work to enable you to ride through, over, and on any snow-covered trail
- 12:00 pm- Lunch with Friends – Catered lunch at the Great Hall
- 1:00 pm- Ride the Birkie Trail
- We’ll take a ride on and off snow on the legendary Birkie Trail
- Conditions permitting, we’ll ride parts of the 10K Fun Fat Tour that is part of the 2020 Fat Bike Birkie
- 3:00 pm- Wrap it up!
- Last minute questions and workshop wrap up