- Biking Events
- Ladies Fat Bike Getaway
This weekend adventure Presented by Salsa Cycles will have you experiencing the great outdoors, riding the legendary Birkie Trail, polishing your fat biking skills, and meeting other women who aspire to or love to ride. The Ladies Fat Bike Getaway Presented by Salsa is a budget sensitive adventure that is close to home and filled with fun. Gift yourself this exciting getaway with friends!
Friday, December 14, 2018
Location – Samuel C. Johnson Family Outdoor Center, OO Trailhead, Seeley, WI
- 3:00 pm- Get acquainted on a late afternoon on-snow fat bike ride (optional)
- 6:00 pm- Gather with fellow participants for a catered dinner at the Outdoor Center
- 7:00 pm- Workshop
- What to Wear?
- Get the scoop on how to dress for fat bike riding and see the latest gear from top vendors
- Are You Ready to Ride?
- We’ll cover the basics of air pressure, tires, and how to prep your bike for Saturday’s ride
- 8:30 pm – Close for the day
Saturday, December 15, 2018
Location – Great Hall, American Birkebeiner Trailhead, Cable, WI
- 9:00 am- Rise & Shine – Coffee and scones at the Great Hall
- 9:30 am- Workshop
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Fat Biking but Were Afraid to Ask.
- Skills & Drills
- Technique work to enable you to ride through, over, and on any snow-covered trail
- 12:00 pm- Lunch with Friends – Catered lunch at the Great Hall
- 1:00 pm- Ride the Birkie Trail
- We’ll take a ride on and off snow on the legendary Birkie Trail
- Sneak peek at the new 10K tour course slated for Fat Bike Birkie 2019
- 3:00 pm- Wrap it up!
- Last minute questions and workshop wrap up
Sunday, December 16, 2018
Put your new skills to good use! Optional Fat Bike ride around the Cable/Seeley area. Time and location to be determined based on temperature and conditions.
$65 Event Fee Includes:
- Friday dinner, Saturday coffee & scones, Saturday lunch
- Awesome swag
- Coaching, workshops, and guided rides on an amazing trail in the north woods
- Entry into the new 10 km Tour Ride at the 2019 Fat Bike Birkie!
- If you would like to attend, but don’t have a fat bike, contact email@example.com. A very limited supply of fat bikes will be available but you need to reserve one prior to the event.
Registration is FULL for 2018! To be placed on the waiting list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.