Train, Live, and Enjoy Birkie Events and the Year-Round Birkie Lifestyle
A big idea here at the American Birkebeiner Ski Foundation is to be part of and support your year-round healthy, outdoor lifestyle. Although we put on some great events, we know there’s more going on for you the rest of the year–like getting ready for those events or just getting out and enjoying the beautiful outdoors.
That’s what Birkie Programming is all about, to get moving and make that dream a reality. The Birkie is not just a destination. As a true lifestyle, it happens wherever you are. So, come and enjoy the Birkie Trails, but we’re also happy to bring the Birkie Lifestyle to you, wherever you live and train. This is just the beginning. We hope you will be part of it!
Youth Programming & Camps
Seasonal and Year-Round Programs
Central Cross Country Skiing (CXC), the American Birkebeiner Ski Foundation, and the Loppet Foundation are teaming up to create a high performance racing team. Learn More »
Birkie Trail Kids is open to children age 3 years – 5th grade. Teach your child to love skiing and the great outdoors with Birkie Trail Kids! Learn More »
Training Plans & Tips
Birkie Ski Training Plans
Training suggestions and guide from Jan Guenther, Owner of Gear West XC Ski & Run Shop.
Birkie Trail Run Training Plans
12 Birkie Trail Run training tips from Gear West’s Jan Guenther, 2x Birkie Trail Marathon first place finisher.
XC Ski Training Tips from Birkie Champion Matt Liebsch
Annie’s Birkie Countdown: Training Tips & Stories from Birkie Ambassador Annie Hart
- Annie Hart’s New Go-To Morning Oatmeal Recipe! Turmeric Oats!
- The End of the Alphabet
- Week 23: W is for Women of the Birkie
- Week 22: V is for Volunteers!
- Week 21: U is for USA in Kazakhstan
Previous Training Plans
- Birkie Ski Training Plan – Zones
- Birkie Ski Training Plan – Overview
- Birkie Ski Training Plan- June
- Birkie Ski Training Plan – July
- Birkie Ski Training Plan – August
- Birkie Ski Training Plan – September
- Birkie Ski Training Plan – October
- Birkie Ski Training Plan – November
- Birkie Ski Training Plan – December
- Birkie Ski Training Plan – Jan/Feb