Barnebirkie Youth Ski Tour
Thursday-Friday, February 25-26, 2021 • Korte Stadium, OO
Thursday, Feb. 25: 11am-2pm, Korte Stadium, OO
Friday, Feb. 26: 11am-2pm, Korte Stadium, OO
Virtual Option available!
Non-Competitive Ski Tour for youth ages 3 to 13 years old. The Barnebirkie is presented by Johnson Financial Group & Swiss Miss.
Sign up for a 30 minute start window between 11am-2pm at time of registration. Your child may start anytime within that 30 minutes. There will be no on-site registration in 2021.
|Participation Type||Registration Fee|
|In-Person Barnebirkie Participant||$15|
|Virtual Barnebirkie Participant||$20|
2021 In-Person Details
The Barnebirkie will be different this year, but the joy kids get while skiing will be the same! The 2021 Barnebirkie will be an open track style event- there will be no official start time, but it will still look and feel like an exciting place to ski.
- The Barnebirkie will start and finish in the Kortelopet Stadium at the Hwy OO Trailhead.
- Three distances will be marked- 0.5K, 1.5K, and 2.5K. Choose which course to ski when you get there!
- Parents will be responsible to determine if their kids can follow the signage on their own or if they should ski with an adult. Everyone on course must be on skis- no walking on the groomed course is allowed.
- Kids will receive their bib, hat, finisher medal, and goodies at drive-up bib pickup when they arrive at OO. Please pre-register to ensure the process is a fast and smooth as possible.
- Choose a start window during registration and start anytime within your 30 minute time slot.
- No spectators are allowed at any 2021 events. Adults may ski with children. If children are skiing on their own, no more than 1 adult per child may be waiting in the finish area.
- A limited number of volunteers will be at the venue to support and cheer on kids!
2021 Virtual Option Details
Choose the virtual option during registration to have a Barnebirkie hat, bib, and finisher medal mailed to your home- complete the event from your favorite trail or in your backyard!
If you registered for the in-person Barnebirkie and would like to switch to the virtual option to have your bib, hat, finisher medal and gear bag (if ordered) to you, click here.
School Groups: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Birkie Junior Gear Bag – now found in the Birkie Store!
- Available for a special price during Junior Birkie & Barnebirkie registration
- Produced exclusively for the Birkie by SWIX
- Participants purchasing the Jr. Gear bag will receive the bag at Bib pick-up in February
- The ideal bag for youth’s sports and ski gear, both wet and dry; or everyday school use
- Dimensions: 12″ wide x 9″ deep x 15″ high
- Reinforced #8 zippers
- Tarpaulin panel on the bottom section for waterproofing and greater durability
- Bottom wet-sealed compartment for Nordic Boot storage
- Sports Shield zipped compartment for glasses or visor, with brushed lining to prevent lens scratches and quick, easy access
- Large top-load zippered compartment for warm-up clothing, extra hats, and gloves
- Main pack body is made from tough 600D PVC backed polyester
- Padded EVA foam back offers cushioning and breathability over pressure points, and padded shoulder straps
- 2 – side mesh pockets for water bottles
- This bag may not be used at gear bag drop on race day (Birkie, Korte or Prince Haakon)
The Barnebirkie will be located at the Kortelopet Stadium at Hwy OO Trailhead.
Parking will be located in the south parking lot. Please do not use parking on the north side of the road. The north parking lot is reserved for race staff, medical staff, and volunteers. The American Birkebeiner will be happening on the north side of the road at the same time- please remember no spectators are allowed at events in 2021 and we suggest only 1 adult per skier at the Barnebirkie.
Parent & Spectator Etiquette
Please note the following important information regarding the safety of the children and the integrity of the course:
- Any adult accompanying Barne skiers on the ski course must be on skis. Otherwise, adults must stay off the groomed ski course.
- All adults must wear masks at all time.
- NO PETS PLEASE.
Venue & Course Map
The 2021 Barnebirkie will be held in the Kortelopet Stadium on the south side of the Hwy OO Trailhead.
Three distances are available for participants to choose from in 2021. Skiers may choose to complete 0.5K, 1.5K, and 2.5K.
Save the Date
Future Birkie Week Dates:
2022: February 24 – 26
2023: February 23 – 25