American Birkebeiner International Bridge
The American Birkebeiner International Bridge is an iconic component of the American Birkebeiner, North America’s largest cross-country ski race held each February in Hayward, WI.
The American Birkebeiner (Birkie) is a nearly 35-mile cross-country ski marathon that traverses its way through the north woods of Wisconsin on the Birkie Trail. Normally, the American Birkebeiner International Bridge is used by Birkie skiers to safely ski over U.S. Highway 63 to the snow-covered Main Street of Hayward, WI, and to the race’s finish line.
Blair Flickinger – Media Contact
Quick Facts & Key Information
- Spans 198’ from end to end
- Two-lane traffic tunnel measuring 14’ 6” high allowing traffic to cross the Nicollet Mall at 9th Street
- Top elevation is 16’ high and measures an impressive 24’ wide.
- Bridge weighs an estimated 50,000 pounds.
- Twelve dump truck loads of snow cover the American Birkebeiner International Bridge with 1-foot of snow for use during demonstration activities during Super Bowl LIVE
- More details on the American Birkebeiner International Bridge Fact Sheet
Downloadable Bridge Image Gallery »
Activities at the American Birkebeiner International Bridge at Super Bowl LIVE! »
Downloadable Video Assets – Password: BRIDGE
06:28 – 08:05
American Birkebeiner ski race finishers/winners crossing bridge to finish line (Exciting Clips!)
08:06 – 08:19
Drone video of Hayward’s snow-covered Main Street and American Birkebeiner International Bridge
Downloadable B-Roll Video Library by Timecode
Password is BRIDGE
- 00:00 – 00:25 Piston Bully groomer moving snow onto bridge in Hayward, WI
- 00:26 – 00:36 Bridge under construction in Hayward, WI
- 00:37 – 02:43 Various shots of Piston Bully pushing snow up the bridge in Hayward, WI
- 02:44 – 03:09 Placement of American Birkebeiner sign on bridge in Hayward, WI
- 03:10 – 03:43 Great shots of activity on the bridge: skier, skijorer, biker, snowmobiler, Hayward, WI
- 03:44 – 05:19 Various shots of elite skiers racing up and over the bridge, Hayward, WI
- 05:20 – 05:27 Angled shot of side of flag-covered bridge with traffic flowing beneath bridge, Hayward, WI
- 05:28 – 06:11 Great action shots of elite skiers racing up the bridge, Hayward, WI
- 06:12 – 06:28 Shots of side of bridge and flags with traffic flowing beneath bridge, Hayward, WI
- 06:29 – 07:09 Shots of snow-covered bridge in use on Main Street in Hayward, WI
- 07:10 – 07:38 Female race winner skiing over and down the bridge in Birkie ski race, Hayward, WI
- 07:39 – 08:05 Larger group of skiers making their way over the bridge toward the finish line on Hayward’s Main Street
- 08:06 – 08:20 Drone shot of Hayward’s snow-covered Main Street & International Bridge in place with traffic flowing on Highway 63
- 08:21 – 08:29 Fabulous time-lapsed video of arrival and assembly of bridge in Hayward, WI
Information or Media Requests
Please contact Blair Flickinger at 715-575-1168 (cell) or firstname.lastname@example.org.