NEW DATE: Saturday, January 15, 2022!
The Birkie Tour is pure fun, plain and simple. It’s a great way to experience the wonderful Birkie Trail system with family and friends.
Birkie Tour skiers choose their own distance and pace, and park, start, and finish at the American Birkebeiner Trailhead. 15K, 26K, or 45K courses will be marked.
- A skier thinking about a Birkie event, but unsure about being ready;
- A skier who loves to ski, but isn’t interested in ski racing;
- Or, a skier just looking for more time on their skis in a fun and safe atmosphere.
The 2022 Birkie Tour will start and finish at the American Birkebeiner Trailhead in Cable, WI!
- Birkie Tour is an untimed, non-competitive, “open-track” style event on a looped course up to 46 km
- The event has a morning start time window, short & long distance options, and aid stations along the trail
- Ski either classic or skate on on the legendary Birkie Trail – voted the No. 1 cross-country destination in the United States by USAToday/10Best
2022 Birkie Tour Registration is Now Open!
Protect Your Registration!
Get reimbursed up to 100% on your registration if you can’t compete for a number of reasons. Next Wave Insurance offers Regsaver so you can insure your non-refundable registration fee in the case injury, illness, or another covered peril occurs.* Please see policy for complete list of covered perils at www.registrationsaver.com/birkie. Limitations and exclusions apply. Next Wave Insurance, CA License #: OF00755.
The 2022 Birkie Tour will start at the Birkie Trailhead and make a 46 km counter-clockwise loop following the Birkie Skate Trail south to Highway OO then looping back north on the Birkie Classic Trail back to the finish. Skiers have the option to turn back north at Timber Trail Aid Station, making a 15 km Tour, at Firetower to make 26 km Tour, or multiple other locations along the way. You choose the distance you want to tackle!
Bib pickup will tentatively occur at the Birkie trailhead from 7:30am-10:00am on Saturday, January 15.
Start your Tour anytime between 8am-10am.
The course will be patrolled throughout the day by Birkie Trail Ambassadors. Ambassadors have a lot of Birkie Trail experience and can assist with waxing and share their knowledge of the Birkie Trails and Birkie Races. Look for the yellow Ambassador bibs.
Your Tour will be supported with 4 Aid Stations along the course- Timber Trail, Fire Tower, Boedecker, and OO. Stay tuned for exciting plans for aid station fare!
Aid Station Open Times:
- Timber Trail: 9:15am-2:00pm
- Fire Tower: 9:30am-1:30pm
- Boedecker: 9:45am-12-:45pm
- OO: 10:00am-12:30pm
After-Ski Snacks and Beverage
After skiing, enjoy a lunch from the Northern Lakes Cooperative CENEX Corner Deli and a beer from Earth Rider Brewery, the Official Beer of the Birkie!
All good things must come to an end, so in order to get all the skiers and volunteers back to the finish at the Birkie Trailhead by 3:00 pm, the following cut-off times will be in place.
- Skiers heading southbound who do not make the times will be turned back north.
- Skiers heading northbound who do not make the times will be transported back to the Birkie Trailhead.
- The maximum time to finish a Tour is 7 hours.
- In order to meet the cut-off times a skier skiing the 46 km course needs to start at 9:00 am and ski 8 km per hour, including stops.
|Location||Kilometers from the Start||Time|
|Start||0 km||10:00 am|
|Boedecker Aid Station - Southbound||16.5 km||11:40 am|
|Boedecker Aid Station - Northbound||26.5 km||12:45 pm|
|Firetower Aid Station - Northbound||32 km||1:30 pm|
|Timber Trail Aid Station - Northbound||38.5 km||2:00 pm|
|Finish||43 km||3:00 pm|