Sunday, January 31, 2021
Tour the Birkie Trail- get a preview of the 2021 Birkie Course !
The Birkie Tour is a perfect training day for Birkie, Korte, and Prince Haakon skiers or if you are…
- A skier thinking about a Birkie event, but unsure about being ready;
- A skier who loves to ski, but isn’t interested in ski racing;
- Or, a skier just looking for more time on their skis.
The 2021 Birkie Tour will start and finish at the American Birkebeiner Trailhead in Cable, WI!
- Birkie Tour is an untimed, non-competitive, “open-track” style event on a looped course up to 46 km
- The event has a morning start time window, short & long distance options, and aid stations along the trail
- Ski either classic or skate on on the legendary Birkie Trail – voted the No. 1 cross-country destination in the United States by USAToday/10Best
2021 Birkie Tour Registration is Now Open!
|May 1 through October 1||October 2 through November 19||November 20 through January 27||January 28 to January 31|
|Birkie Tour / Seeley Hills Classic COMBO||$110||$130||$150||$165
Through the 30th
Protect Your Registration!
Get reimbursed up to 100% on your registration if you can’t compete for a number of reasons. Next Wave Insurance offers Regsaver so you can insure your non-refundable registration fee in the case injury, illness, or another covered peril occurs.* Please see policy for complete list of covered perils at www.registrationsaver.com/birkie. Limitations and exclusions apply. Next Wave Insurance, CA License #: OF00755.
Come Make a Weekend of Skiing on the Birkie Trail
We have teamed up with another legendary American ski race, the Seeley Hills Classic to have a full weekend of skiing! The Seeley Hills Classic offers 22 and 42 km race distances on the Birkie Trail starting and finishing at the Birkie Trailhead. Click the “Register Now” button above to sign up for both events at once!
Drive-up Bib pick-up will occur at the Birkie Trailhead from 7:30 AM – 10:00 AM. There is no onsite registration.
The 2021 Birkie Tour will start at the Birkie Trailhead and make a 46 km counter-clockwise loop following the Birkie Skate Trail south to Highway OO then looping back north on the Birkie Classic Trail back to the finish. Skiers have the option to turn back north at Timber Trail Aid Station, making a 15 km Tour, or at Firetower to make 26 km Tour. Downloadable Map
The course will be patrolled throughout the day by Birkie Trail Ambassadors. Ambassadors have a lot of Birkie Trail experience and can assist with waxing and share their knowledge of the Birkie Trails and Birkie Races. Look for the yellow Ambassador bibs.
Your Tour will be fully supported with 3 Aid Stations along the course. Each station will have self-serve hydration options- just like you will see at the 2021 American Birkebeiner, Kortelopet, and Prince Haakon. Bring your own hydration vessel- no cups will be available.
After-Ski Snacks and Beverage
After skiing, enjoy a snack bag from the Northern Lakes Cooperative CENEX Corner Deli and a beer from Earth Rider Brewery, the Official Beer of the Birkie! The snack bag is intended for participants to take to enjoy at their vehicle.
All good things must come to an end, so in order to get all the skiers and volunteers back to the finish at the Birkie Trailhead by 3:00 pm, the following cut-off times will be in place.
- Skiers heading southbound who do not make the times will be turned back north.
- Skiers heading northbound who do not make the times will be transported back to the Birkie Trailhead.
- The maximum time to finish a Tour is 6 hours.
- In order to meet the cut-off times a skier skiing the 46 km course needs to start at 9:00 am and ski 8 km per hour, including stops.
|Location||Kilometers from the Start||Time|
|Start||0 km||10:00 am|
|Boedecker Aid Station - Southbound||16.5 km||11:40 am|
|Boedecker Aid Station - Northbound||26.5 km||12:45 pm|
|Firetower Aid Station - Northbound||32 km||1:30 pm|
|Timber Trail Aid Station - Northbound||38.5 km||2:00 pm|
|Finish||47 km||3:00 pm|