- 2017 Birkie Week Event Updates
This is your one-stop-shop for schedule changes, event updates, and more! Scroll down and start planning your weekend!
After days of unseasonable weather, rain, and a predicted snow storm front missing the Hayward and Cable areas, the American Birkebeiner Ski Foundation regretfully announces the cancellation of the 2017 American Birkebeiner, Kortelopet, and Prince Haakon cross-country ski races. And, while 2017 may not look like other years, in true Birkie Fever style, we’re hosting BirkieStock 2017 – the inaugural celebration of the American Birkebeiner Trailhead & start area!
Skiers, spectators and friends are invited! Beginning at 9:30am on Saturday morning, buses will begin transporting riders from the Como Parking Lot to the American Birkebeiner Trailhead. For those anxious to get some time on their skis, the trail crew is creating an estimated 5K loop for you to ski once, twice or as many times as you’d like! Live music begins at 11:45am and plays to 5:00pm. Visit the soup tent, try a Birkie Brew-ski, watch the World Championships on the jumbo screen, grab a brat, visit the Birkie Store, and more! Plus, we’ve moved the demos from Sunday to Saturday so you can try out the latest ski gear and fat bikes! It’ll be one for the books! We hope to see you there! #BirkieFever! More details will be announced on www.Birkie.com at 1:00pm today!
8:00am: Worldloppet Breakfast – Flat Creek Inn & Suites (All Welcome)
9:00am – 8:00pm: Slumberland American Birkebeiner Expo – Hayward High School
11:00am – 7:00pm: CLIF Lodge – Downtown Hayward
Skiers, spectators and friends are invited to BirkieFest 2017 at the new American Birkebeiner Trailhead and Birkie start-line in Cable:
- 9:30AM buses will begin transporting riders from the Como Parking Lot only. NO Birkie Ridge parking. Last bus runs until 5:30PM
- 10AM skiing begins on the 5KM ski loop at the Birkie Start Area in Cable. Ski once, twice, or as many loops as you’d like! The course will be open until 4PM. Anyone can ski. While we can’t give you credit for skiing a Birkie, we can give you a great BirkieFest Day in the north woods!
- Live music begins at 11:45am and plays until 5:00pm
- 11:45am to 1:00pm – Brody & Bill Olson
- 1:15pm – 2:30pm – The Hobo Nephews of Uncle Frank
- 2:45pm – 4:00pm – Molly & the Danger Band
- 4:15pm – 5:15pm – Sean & Ian Okomoto
- On-Snow Ski & Bike Demo has been moved from Sunday to Saturday! Try out the latest ski gear and fat bikes!
- Public WiFi is available so you can really chat it up on social media and to do your best impression of the day’s “Ben Popp Video Update” – charge your phone! Snapchat it up #BirkieFever #Birkie2017 #BirkieFest! Tweet @birkie! Share your Facebook posts @American Birkebeiner!
- Visit the soup tent, watch the World Championships on the jumbo screen, grab a Birkie Brat, finely crafted by Louie’s Custom Meats! Visit the Birkie Store!
- Skäl! Try a Birkie Brew-Ski! Finely crafted “Legendary Amber Ale” by Lucette Brewing Company
- Visit with friends old and new and at the Slumberland American Birkebeiner’s BirkieFest 2017!
- Enjoy a great day on the Birkie Trail and embrace your #BirkieFever!
9:00am – 7:00pm: CLIF Lodge – Birkie Startline
7:00pm: Birkebeinerne (The Last King) – Park Center Theater
9:00am: Birchleggings Club Breakfast – Steakhouse & Lodge
9:30am: Fast & Female Champ Chat – Hayward High School
12:00pm: Birkebeinerne (The Last King) – Park Center Theater